Strategic Blueprint for Success
Recently I watched an interview with Peter Voogd, a millionaire entrepreneur, where he shares his story and strategic blueprint for success. With many failures and achievements under his belt this uniquely qualifies him to share his hard won wisdom. Here is a teaser of the interview and my own notes beneath it from the full interview in this post.
Peter had plenty of struggles and epiphanies along the way. This led him to create this blueprint to help others cut their learning curve and discover how to go from ‘6 months to 6 Figures’. I always love hearing from others who are passionate about what they do and helping others succeed. Here is a brief summary to give you a taste of what he covers.
1. Absolute Clarity– This step must be done before anything else. Get clear on who you are, your values, your vision for your life, and ideal business outcomes you desire. If you don’t know where you want to go you definitely won’t get there. Write them down!
2. Shift Your Circle of Influence – Search out and find at least 5 people who are where you want to be in life and do whatever you can to connect with them. If you are a 5 figure earner you want to talk to 6 figure earners. Take the risk. Reach out. Not all but some will be responsive and excited to talk to you. Then follow their advice. High achievers like to help.Also, make the conscious choice to spend less time with those who are holding you back from your vision. This may be difficult to do but necessary.
3. Increase Your Confidence Account – Realize that everything you do either builds up your confidence or lowers it. Make the right choices in the present moment. Live by your word. Do what you say you will. Every time you follow through your confidence builds. Have courage, take risks, and don’t let the fear of tasks or opinions of others stop you.
4. Consistent Energy and Motivation – Work on the areas of mental, physical and emotional health. Plan out the foods, exercises, books and tapes that motivate and inspire you and make you feel like a powerhouse. Use your past feelings of success to fuel you. If negative thoughts or feelings start to raise their ugly head shift your feelings ASAP. Then get back to work.
5. Create Results Rituals – These are the things that must get done daily and weekly to move you further towards your goals. They are measurable. Set health, productivity and business rituals that you do without exception. Know your profit activities. Implementation is where the power is!
6. Continual Growth and Learning – Become a people developer and a movement creator. Help and inspire others. Be consistent with learning, growing and helping others on their path to success. Be a doer, not just a learner. Seek out experts and build a team of complimentary people – people who are strong where you are weak.
In conclusion, Peter leaves us with one action step to take immediately. Create a one page productivity plan for the next 6 months. Make it one page only! Include your 2 -3 sentence vision statement, and then name your top 5 goals and the top 5 compelling reasons why you want to accomplish them. That’s it. He suggests putting it in a place you can see every day.
I was already using many of these same strategies but have tweaked a few things to better suit me. If you love these ideas you can check out his book 6 Months to 6 Figures.
Please leave a comment below on what you think of his ideas and if you follow any of these suggestions. Would love to hear your point of view.